Shans Happy Wife

I'm so happy to find A place where I'm able to connect and tell others about"My Stuff".
Loving all things beautiful,decorating my home, visiting with those we love,& sometimes sharing small bits of our life.
In blog land I'm understood. Enjoy your time spent here.
Btw If you are a follower & I haven't returned the favor please shoot me a quick email I will rectify that asap!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Staying Organized W/ Our Mini Office Makeover

I've wanted to get organized in our office for awhile. Its a must for many reasons. I haven't mentioned it before but my Shan has Lupus and its very important that I keep up with doctors appointments and the results of them along with the medications she must take. Of course household business. So again organization is key.
A few weekends ago I had an opportunity to make a dedicated space to get all these things done and bring a little extra order to my life.
  I brought an old end table from my storage back home several months ago that I intended to refinish and use as my nightstand but I changed my mind and this is how I chose to use it. Btw I'm sharing this over @ Beneath My Heart , A Glimpse Inside,Organizing Made Easy,Organize & Decorate everything and Homemaker On A Dime for its October Projects party along with Three Boys Furniture Party and Fingerprints On The Fridge's feature yourself party, Funky Junk Interiors &Domestically Speaking's 100th Power Paint Party and Bowl Full Of Lemons.




Before



So after sanding and painting with black flat spray paint and adding silver spray paint for the drawer pulls I was satisfied. I purchased this cute little office set to unify everything. I love the colors don't you?! I purchased it from Targets dollar section some time ago. I am a sucker for that dollar section.

I then spray painted this cd holder that Shan had and wasn't using to put my files in. It has just enough slots because a file cabinet or basket would have been too much space for our needs.The color I chose was lagoon.You will also find me @Thrifty Decor Chics Show off your office/ craft space party.






Clipboard holds current bills, basket holds unread and outgoing mail(those photos are to be mailed to my mom)


I use the basket on the side of the sofa to hold envelopes and mailing labels
I also have several small books and planners that  I use to help me to stay organized.

My Organization  Binders


Used for notes to self, blog project ideas and grocery list

Appointments ,birthdays etc


Bill Update binder with slot to hold receipts of paid bills
Cozy @ Night

Other side of our office
I hope you are inspired by this post. I just wanted to show that organization doesn't have to be expensive or done on a large scale to be efficient. Also sharing this @  Primp & Mommy Head Adventures2805's Potpourri Party and Finding Fabulous,Inspired By CharmHome Is Where My Story Begins.

33 comments:

Brandi said...

Great words to end with! Your night stand looks great painted. You did a great job organizing your important papers. You would smack my hand if you saw my junk drawer!!

Robbie said...

Looks great. I have a little area in my living room and that idea would be great. It's right by the door and can also had my cell phone and charger to that area

Sarah. . .myyellowhouse said...

Now that's a girl after my own heart...I love paper products and organizing things. I'm the queen of list making!
Your corner looks pretty-it doesn't have to be big, just pretty and efficient. :)

Hope Shan feels better! xo

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib said...

Oooh, I like that Comeca! The dollar spot is on the money when it comes to cute stuff. And I like how you took a not so typical space and utilized it according to your needs. Major creativity girl, major creativity!

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib said...

Oh, and I love that lamp by the way:)

Mark said...

Bravo to you, Shan's Wife!
It looks great!
Your Friend, Fred's Husband, m.

the cape on the corner said...

great idea to repurpose the cd holder, and i love its snazzy new turquoise color!

Allison @ I heart Change said...

Hey, that turned out great! Fun colors, too. The dollar spot gets me every time, too!

Noelle said...

I love the colors and how it adds some fun to that end table!!! Very cute!!!

The Mac's House said...

Loving your ideas!

Becky@OrganizingMadeFun said...

This looks great! And you were very creative! Thank you for linking up!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.com
Organizing Made Fun

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Great ideas to help people become more organized.

middle child said...

Very nice! You are awesome.

Diane Writes said...

Everything looks so great Comeca. I love every detail. I actually hoard notebooks and planners and I love your choices. You are such a great homemaker!

michelle said...

Ok, first your table and cd holder turned out beautiful and second I love the colorful organizational things you picked up! I love that section of Target too! :)
I am so unorganized, I try really hard but it never seems to stay. My paper slots for bills and things are overflowing!!! :)
Great job on everything!
xoxo

Trish @MomOnTimeout said...

I'm a total sucker for Target's Dollar section too :) I can't quite make it past it when I walk in - something always looks interesting! You did such a great job and I love how you pointed out that you don't have to spend a lot of money to get organized. If you have a moment, I'd love for you to share with my readers. http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/11/taking-timeout-thursday-link-party-no-3.html

Decorating with Cents said...

You did a great job on your end table and I like how the colors blend in with your living room and became a part of the decor. I just wish I was as organized as you.

Decor & Harmony @ 4290 said...

Looking good! Thanks for sharing, you are doing a great job of make your space homey and cozy :)

Healthy Branscoms said...

I love it! It looks so great! :) Those colors are so fun! :)

Cozy Little House said...

You could give this girl lessons! And organization is one of my strengths. You did not just a fantastic job, but you made it look so pretty too!
Brenda

Shabbygal said...

I love that pop of color you put in your office! Yo are right not everything has to be expensive to be pretty! Traci

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I don't have room for a real office either so I use a section of my kitchen counter. It works OK but your idea of an end table is much better. Thanks for sharing...hope you have a great weekend!

Dr. Reginia said...

I like it. I really need some organization help around my place. Great idea

Pink Lady said...

This is such a great space! I'm loving how cozy it looks, and the bright colors are great. Awes e job!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

This looks awesome! I love the colors; and you did it all on a budget! That's the best part; and it didn't take up a lot of space! Great job!

Decorating with Cents said...

Comeca, you were awarded The Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out my blog here: http://decoratingwcents.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-was-awarded-versatile-blogger-award.html

Congratulations!

Camilleta said...

Wow, it turned out really nice! I love that office set, I'm going to check Target near me and see if they have it.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I love organized spaces and yours is functional but so very lovely. I am drained by disorder and energized by order and organized spaces. Oh and thank you so much for such a nice comment. I wish you lived down the street as we don't have a friendly street.I don't know why but what women there are either work and are super busy or they just never come out and visit. I miss hanging with the neighbors like we used to in our old neighborhood and like when I was growing up.

Dawn@MakingHome said...

I LOVE everything about this post ! Great job! Thanks you for visiting my blog , your sweet comments AND becomeing a follower. I am following you too and look forward to your posts !

Katie Petix said...

this is sooooo great, i am OBSESSED with organization. that office corner is perfect :)
xoxo kat

Bikki said...

Such a cute floral design. I think you did a great job with it. As someone who can stand to be more organized I find this quite useful and inspirational. Thanks for sharing!

Tracey said...

Great job! Love how you kept it SIMPLE and used inexpensive stuff anyone can afford. I hate reading articles in magazines on organizing written by designers with BIG budgets be just about anyone could afford this project you did...that makes it REAL!

Tracey said...

Wanted to add to my previous comment that you inspired me and I found that bill organizer you showed and also got me a little notebook to jot down ideas for my blog. Love your posts and so glad I found this blog. Am about to do a post on organizing in mine and will be sure to mention YOU!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...