Shans Happy Wife

I'm so happy to find A place where I'm able to connect and tell others about"My Stuff".
Loving all things beautiful,decorating my home, visiting with those we love,& sometimes sharing small bits of our life.
In blog land I'm understood. Enjoy your time spent here.
Btw If you are a follower & I haven't returned the favor please shoot me a quick email I will rectify that asap!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Craftin & Chores Get Done

Over the weekend friends came from out of town and it was a truly refreshing change of pace for us but even while they were here I was able to get a small craft done. I needed a Christmas wreath for my door and  it needed to match the color of the porch bench or I wasn't gonna be satisfied.
 Here is what I came up with:Shared hereTales Of A Trophy Wifes Craftin Party, A Glimpse Inside's Catch A Glimpse Party, and major fun over@Mom On Time Out's Taking A Time out Thursday linky.




 It was cute for a last minute project I think kinda cheesy but FUN!
And I added a little festive greenery to a vase and dressed it up with Christmas ribbon the house still smells fabulous!


Hot glued the ribbon on



I addressed all Our Christmas cards.


Added A piece of pine for the snow boys to sit on aren't their lil boots too cute?!


I put them here.

 I also couldn't resist buying the snow guys a friend:
Look at that face.

He sits on our stove.



Just a few things I did around my house to add a lil extra cheer and Shan thought she would help me with that as well, look what she brought home!




My sweetheart thought I would like this for guest during the holidays but even better she said "I just knew you would love the basket." I'm smiling as I type this because she was right. I love her somethin' awful for "getting" me.
I have a little extra cleaning and planning in preparation for Christmas. As usual the kids will be home and I am super excited about that!
 I have a new app on my Iphone that I have enjoyed using and it has really helped out with some day to day chores honestly I think my planner may be a little jealous! I first heard about it @ Organizing Junkie. It was created by Laura the blogs author. So for just .99 @ the Apple App Store I think its a great deal. She is still working out a few kinks but it seems to be working well for me, get it now before the price goes up!
Btw she didn't ask me to post this I just thought I would pass on some information from an organization blog that I love. Ok well have a great rest of the week everyone and thanks for stopping by! Btw I'm sharing this over @Primp's Primp Your Self Wednesday stop by to see how  the others are primpin their spaces!

19 comments:

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib said...

I love your wreath, its super cute and so not cheesy! I think I'll just sneak and keep that idea so I can use it next year:)

MamaMonki said...

Great idea for a quick wreath. I really struggled to figure out what I wanted to do for our door this year. Wish I had seen this idea when I was racking my brain. Love the little snowmen!

Noelle said...

You always add such nice touches to your home!!Cute cute wreath too! Merry Christmas!!!! Thanks for all your sweet comments!!!

middle child said...

Such a simple thing and yet....that wreath looks awesome!

trophyw.blogspot.com said...

I always get a fake tree, but I lov ethe idea of putting some branches in a vase. I can totally do that! Thanks for the idea.

Sarah. . .myyellowhouse said...

It's cheery over at your house!
You are quite creative with those wreaths my friend. :) I love that you take the time to make your own things...love it.

Hope you and the whole group are having a wonderful Christmas holiday ~
xo Sarah

Marilyn said...

Hi Meme, THANKS so much for stopping in.. I sincerely appreciate it. I'm officially your newest *happy* follower. Absolutely fantastic blog you have here.. I LOVE your little snowman, so cute, & your wreath is pretty. I look forward to hanging around and indulging in more fun future blog shenanigans with you.. Wishing you an amazing Thursday and a lovely start to your weekend. TY.. ~Marilyn(The ArtsyGirl Connection).

abeachcottage said...

Your snowman is supercute :) and love your wreath.

the cape on the corner said...

love the colors on the wreath-what a neat idea with the bows. i just saw bows made from film...i'd like to try that out.

i think i'm the only person without a smartphone, lol. too cheap!

Brandi said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...Your home looks great decorated for the holidays!

Aimee said...

Wow! Everything is beautiful! I'm especially loving your wreath! I'm so glad you left me a sweet note so I could come for a visit! I'm your newest follower and I'd lover for you to return the "love" on your next visit!!!

XO, Aimee
itsoverflowing.com

nannykim-nannykim said...

I just love those darling snowmen! So cheerful. I like the idea about the wreath and the vase--nice! Have a wonderful Christmas!

heather @ new house, new home, new life said...

Really cute touches around the house - especially the snowmen.
Your wreath is so sweet, colourful and fun! A refreshing change from all the seriousness of the greenery we see everywhere.

blessedmom's simple home said...

You talented girl. I love your wreath, especially those colors :) I just looked at your post about your tree skirt. What a great idea! We have one of those petticoat slips, but I didn't think to use it like this. I wanted white too, so I wrapped a white coverlet around it. I like your idea so much better!!
Have a wonderful Sunday. I'm going to have to check out that app. :)
Blessings,
Marcia

niartist said...

That bow wreath is incredibly cute, and such a great idea! I love it, and the rest of your beautiful Christmas decor!

I just posted my little tour of trees, and would love for you to drop in if you have time!

xo!
A

http://niagaranovice.blogspot.com

Decor & Harmony @ 4290 said...

I love what you've done. Your wreath is a great idea.

Shabbygal said...

I adore snowmen! Your house looks so festive! You truly are blessed to have someone who "gets" you! have a wonderful Christmas! Traci

Chris said...

Hi Meme, Everything looks so festive and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Help! Mama Remote... said...

Wonderful wreath. I just installed that app on my iPad. I haven't purchased the full version yet.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...