Shans Happy Wife

I'm so happy to find A place where I'm able to connect and tell others about"My Stuff".
Loving all things beautiful,decorating my home, visiting with those we love,& sometimes sharing small bits of our life.
In blog land I'm understood. Enjoy your time spent here.
Btw If you are a follower & I haven't returned the favor please shoot me a quick email I will rectify that asap!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Ikea Cart

I'm really excited about this great project and let me tell you why. I wanted an island in my new kitchen so badly but alas it just wasnt happening so imagine my joy when a friend gave me this goodie while I was helping her to organize her kitchen Yes, an Ikea kitchen cart!! I am happy to share this over @Domestically Speakings Power Of Paint Party and Not Just A Housewife's Show me what you got party and Seven Alive's Link it up Thursday and also Happy Hour Projects  Happy Hour Friday.Please drop by and join us!
Is this a gem or what?!
 So let me give you the details. I had paint from a spot job we had to do in a previous rental I also had stain a builder left behind after doing the cabinets in the lil cottage. Heres when the fun begins I sanded and stained the top and painted the bottom. I'm sharing this over @A Glimpse Insides Catch A glimpse Party!,A Bowl Full Of Lemons Tuesday Link Party,andHomemaker On A Dime Creative Bloggers Party.
Stained the top

I also wanna share this with Clean and Scentsible Creative Spark Party The Delectable Home and Its A Very Cherry World Red Rednesday!

5.00 Ross Dress for Less



Pretty Lil towel picked up from The Dollar General Store



On the side I simply hot glued a towel  holder that I bought for 5.00 @Ross Dress For Less last year. Doesn't it look great!? I really like the way it turned out! Total cost just a lil elbow grease everything else I had on hand.Also shared @Serenity You Serenity Saturday.

19 comments:

Diane Writes said...

Wow! The transformation made the cart looked more versatile and expensive. I love it.

Decor & Harmony @ 4290 said...

Love it.....sometimes all it takes is elbow grease :) Enjoy!

Jane Craske said...

That is a seriously gorgeous makeover! Can't wait to see what you get up to next.

Elyse said...

What a transformation!! I love IKEA....after I redo it!
Thanks for visiting Shabby Sweet Tea today!

Jo@Let's Face the Music said...

Love a project that costs zero and makes an impact. Great job! Jo @ Let's Face the Music

Noelle said...

That cart is perfect, and you did a great job!! Thanks too for stopping over, you are a wonderful person and I appreciate all the wonderful comments you have left me!! May God bless your new home, and have fun making it yours!!! xoxo

Brandi said...

Ohmygoodness, Comeca! How did I miss this? Shucks, this is gorgeous. I love the towel bar. The cherries are so you. You did a such beautiful job. I love the paint color. Hooray for leftover paint!

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Great job, you really fixed it up, and the towel bar is the cherry on top.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It does look great and cute tea towel!

Sherry said...

Comeca, it's lovely - great job!

Tracey said...

Great work! That towel holder can also serve as a handle if you ever wanted to use that as a serving cart for a dinner party or something of the like.

Tracey said...

Great work! That towel holder can also serve as a handle if you ever wanted to use that as a serving cart for a dinner party or something of the like.

Millie said...

Totally awesome job Comeca. I reckon you'll still be using this in another 30 years time!
Millie xx

Kaz said...

I have one of these sitting in my garage at the moment. I'm now moving up to my soon to be sewing room, painting it and turning it into a cutting board station. Thanks.

Maria G. said...

It looks great! You did a great job!
The towel bar amazing :) Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your comment! See you soon!

Jen at Little Cottage Chic said...

Hi Comeca! It's been a long time since I've dropped in, (I lost the passwords to get into my blog!)
First of all, OMG, this is FABULOUS! I absolutely love what you've done with this simple little Ikea cart; it's so glam now!
I also wanted to let you know that I've moved my blog. You can now find me at Pale Elegance.blogspot.com. I'd love it if you could join me there!
Hope you had a happy easter,
Jenah
xo

Kadie said...

Gotta love free with a little elbow grease!! You IKEA up-cycle turned out beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

Tisha said...

This turned out so cute! I just added a towel bar to my kitchen island & I love it! Thanks for linking up.

Sunny said...

Beautiful! You are doing such a good job chica.

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...