Shans Happy Wife

I'm so happy to find A place where I'm able to connect and tell others about"My Stuff".
Loving all things beautiful,decorating my home, visiting with those we love,& sometimes sharing small bits of our life.
In blog land I'm understood. Enjoy your time spent here.
Btw If you are a follower & I haven't returned the favor please shoot me a quick email I will rectify that asap!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Outside Our Place & Serious Progress~

Hi everyone just wanted to check in and let you know what we've been up to and to give you a look at our outdoor home progress so far. We are over the moon happy about the way things are turning out!
We went from this:Which I shared @ Funky Junk Interiors Porches and Patio Party, Momma Hens Frugal LifeWhatever Wednesday link party, & Savvy Southern Styles Wow Us Wednesday !
To this: Check me out @  Faith Trust & Pixie Dust Fab Friday Linky Party&Delightful Orders Inspiring Thursday Party!
After
So let me give you a quick rundown of exactly how much hard work we've done. We seeded our yard which is still a work in progress but the before clearly shows you we have come a long way!
We repainted the porch furniture for a more unified look and added pretty rugs with a pattern that I LOVE!!!
Sharing this @Primp's Primp Your Stuff Wednsday , Vintage Wanna Bee Talent Tuesday, & Fingertips On The Fridges Feature Yourself Saturday!

Cute solar lights perfectly spaced by my sweetie adds a lil light for our evening talks on the porch. We also put in two flower beds with stacked stone and added a few porch plants in cute thrifted containers.
Instant window box

Love my Rusty bucket!

 I went the simple route with the flowers by choosing low maintenance plants with instant eye catching color and I have since added one of my all time favs the caladium to fill in.

Impatients, sweet potato vine, and geraniums
Course I had to have toadstools for butterfly's to sit when they come to visit. :)

Hibiscus


We  painted our front door with leftover paint from the pantry redo and added our Ram sign to finish it off.
 We still have a few things to do like add shutters to the windows, find cute numbers for the mailbox, and mulch the beds. I have so many other plans for the yard and I cant wait til they are all done so that we can sit and just enjoy the summer. Shared this over @A Bowl Full Of Lemons One Project at a time linky!

 Thanks for letting me show you what Shan and I have been working on and I'm hoping' I've helped to motivate some of you to get your "around the house" projects done!  Well I'm off to make a wreath for our front door talk with you soon!
This is being shared with Not Just A Housewifes Show Me What You Got Party , Delectable Home show and tell link up party and The House In Roses Show off Your Cottage Party!

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow! the change is amazing...good job on all your hard work! It's very charming and I love that sign. :)

Glad you're so happy there ~ xo
Sarah

Razmataz said...

It looks great. I LOVE your rusty bucket planter...and all your planter ideas. Very nice.

Brandi said...

Beautiful progress! I love all your pretty plants and your rugs are gorgeous. You did a great job with your patio furniture too!

Diane Writes said...

Hey Comeca! It's been a while since I last came here :) Anyway, I love everything about your home. It blends elegance and comfort, just perfect for what everyone needs.

Shelly {Quiet Luxury} said...

Wow what sweet progress. :) I know it's such a rewarding feeling to see it come together. It looks great!

-Shelly
Quiet Luxury


Amanda said...

Looks lovely! The planters are fab, the one made of branches is great.

Ann @ Housefinally said...

I love the color of your front door, and the flower beds are so pretty--wait till they fill up when the plants get bigger! :)

Maria G. said...

It looks great! You did a great job!
I wish you wonderful summer nights :)

Amanda - Over The Moon Gifts said...

I love your makeover! I've been in the mood to spruce up our outside lately, must be the weather.

Found you on not just a housewife linky...come visit! www.cupcakesandcorndogs.com

Amanda

Summerland cottageu said...

This is a wonderful beginning with so many positive changes!
I can just visualize the grass all filling in beautifully and the new plants growing up and creating beautiful pops of color with their blossoms.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor, it's looking great!

Mark said...

I love the idea of painting wicker and rattan black. Good job!
Looks Good!
m.

Tracey said...

Love what you've done with the outside so far! ESPECIALLY the rusty bucket used as a planter! I LOVE re-using things like that! Great job and thanks for the inspiration!

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Your porch looks great! I especially love the colorful rug and your cute rusted bucket. Adorable!

Thank you for your kind words about my porch. I had fun putting it all together!

BTW-I'm your newest follower!

Comeca Jones said...

Thanks Sarah!

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust said...

All these little touches make such a great difference. Thanks so much for linking up to Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust.

Warmly, Michelle

Decor & Harmony said...

Comeca, I love your outdoor space everything looks fantastic. I love sweet potato vine it's one of my favorite annuals. Enjoy your flowers!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...