Shans Happy Wife

I'm so happy to find A place where I'm able to connect and tell others about"My Stuff".
Loving all things beautiful,decorating my home, visiting with those we love,& sometimes sharing small bits of our life.
In blog land I'm understood. Enjoy your time spent here.
Btw If you are a follower & I haven't returned the favor please shoot me a quick email I will rectify that asap!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Garage Clean Up!

 Hi Everyone let me start by saying this will not be the most exciting post but in order to stay motivated I have to share my goals for the next three weeks. I really want to get all of my spaces organized and clean so that we can go into the winter months cozy, comfy, and clutter free.I shared this Over @ A bowl Full of LemonsOne Project @ A Time Party!
I started by following along over @ A Bowl Full Of Lemons 21 Day Challenge. The really great thing about it is that you can follow along or you can go as slow as you like. Its been easy so far but it takes some prioritizing and making the time to get each project done.
You can even print out a schedule here.
The schedule started with the kitchen which I finished a few months ago and its still in pretty good shape.
You can see it here.
And last night I completed my garage.So take a look!

Shan and Memes slickers. I love to see them side by side.(giggle) 

I decided to paint the door this bright red it just makes me happy. What color is your garage door?
 I imagine the floor could use a coat of paint but because we have animals and it takes a pretty good beating  I just don't think it would be worth the effort.
I bought this gun case a few years ago at a thrift store here in town and I'm using it as a bench of sorts plus it has storage inside. This is where I store paints and paint related items.
 By the way the sign near the door didn't show up so well due to the lighting but it reads home.
Lawn equipment
The trash can is usually stored here as well but today is trash day for us and as a side note I always think its so much better to do a large scale cleanup the day before trash pick up. Trash sitting around just isn't cute. lol
The cardboard box is the donation pile ready to be dropped off along with the recycling on tomorrow.
 Yard items are kept on this side of the wall and I brought the island I redid a few months ago out here to be used as a potting bench and its worked out quite well. The little basket above it has seeds and plant markers stored in it. Now I realize this isn't a fancy makeover with stainless steel hooks and rails but it works for us.
The one thing we will be adding soon will be two steel garbage cans to store the animals food in because I really want to avoid having to deal with pest.
 Trust me when I say there is order here everything is stacked neatly. The containers to the front will be used later to organize my craft space. Camping gear along with household and porch decor are all neatly boxed here.
Bucket holds all items for car cleaning & Christmas decor  stacked in arms reach.
If you don't have a blog and want to get some motivation and maybe post your progress?! Just follow along with us on FaceBook I think you'll be encouraged I know I am! Oh tomorrow is everyones  favorite "The Pantry", Alas I will be gone for a few days but check back on Monday to see my pantry updates!

18 comments:

Michele Smith said...

Wow! Wanna come help clean my garage? It looks like the inside of my house threw up in there :) There are so many yard sale finds or cast aways out there.

Carla Johnson said...

You motivated me to start on our garage for minute. Can't wait to see what you do with it all next!

Emily said...

I love the red garage door - the front door of our home is red, but our garage door is boring brown....might have to change that soon...thanks for the inspiration.

CAS said...

Your garage looks great -- so tidy! Mine will never be that empty....lol! I adore the red door! Now I'm wondering what color I could paint mine....hmmmm?

I had to go take a peek at your pantry, and it is very similar in size to mine. Your paint color is so cheerful. I think it's very close to the color I painted my craft-sewing room -- I call it a happy color!

~Maui G said...

Hi Comeca, Following back! Love your blog!

Hilda Rodgers said...

I love your garage! It's so big. I love your red door too :)

Sherry said...

You are the most organized person I know. I wish I had your motivation and "gump"! You did a great job in your garage.

Pink Lady said...

I keep saying I want to do my garage... and warm seasons come and go with still no organization. Hopefully I catch the next one with no belly in my way. Great Job!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Great job! I, too, have been clearing out some junk and organizing stuff and it feels so good! Wishing you a wonderful week! Angie xo

From The Homesteading Cottage said...

Looks great! Ever thought about painting the other door red too? That color is so lovely...I even see three white shelves mounted over that awesome bench to make a great focal wall between the red doors. So much inspiration here...heading over to read even more posts that caught me eye (;

Michele xoxo

Debra said...

Wow! Your garage looks great! Ours is pretty full even though I feel like I am always working on it. Plus our washer and dryer is in there so it's also my laundry room. It will be my never ending project! :)

LOVE the red door. I am inspired to paint mine now.

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Hello, Looks great to me.Love the Red door my favorite color.
The Chickens are darling their house is darling too!
Wow great art Ladies that's fabulous! Nice to visit with you.I am a follower but not sure why your posts don't show up so I can see them more often~Cheers Kim

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I wish my garage looked like yours. Great Job!

LOVE the cheery red door. Mine is red too.

Brandi said...

You should see mine...embarrassing! Yours looks great. Love the red door and your slickers!

must love junk said...

Wow~good for you!! (I need some of your mojo! :) I love the boots in the 'crate' and the red door is so fun!
Susan

Melissa said...

Your garage looks pretty darn tidy. Ours looks like a mad house with all the projects and mess laying around.

They have paint specifically for garage floors if you are ever wanting to look into it. We were going to use it once in our old garage but never got around to doing it before we moved.

xoxo,
Melissa

beth said...

Love the red door! I hate cleaning stuff out - I've been doing it for a few months and now I'm resting.
Beth x

Shabbygal said...

LOVE the red door! I will be checking out this 21 day challenge sounds like something I should try! Course I didi just reorganize my workshop yesterday and it felt glorious! Have a great week! Traci

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Loading...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...